If you’re a commercial vehicle operator, how do you find the right mobile heavy-duty repair service to service your truck? It’s an important question that many drivers face. If you’re looking for partners who can help with heavy duty trucks and other vehicles, it’s important to consider not only how they benefit you, but also what services they provide, but also how big their area of coverage is and what customers say about them online and in person. Luckily, Ed’s 24 Hour Service is here to discuss three factors that are essential in finding the right mobile truck repair company for your needs!
Evaluate your needs for commercial vehicle repair
What do you need repaired and what is your budget? Make sure you’re entrusting your vehicle to qualified technicians who can handle any auto service problem big or small from transmissions to tires. The repair facility should Commercial vehicles like big rigs have larger engine bays and larger components which means they may need more regular maintenance as well as a specialized auto repair team.
Here some basic auto services mobile mechanics should be able to handle:
- General auto repair and routine maintenance
- Battery restarts, fuel delivery and lockout services
- Tire installation including repair and replacement
- Brakes services including brake pads, rotors or drums
- Engine, air conditioning, alternator and transmission service
- Fleet services for commercial vehicles
If they can’t fix it roadside, they should be able to bring the vehicle to an in-house auto repair shop where they can perform a wide range of maintenance services and advanced repairs. If their auto repair facilities or team cannot explicitly handle heavy-duty vehicles, don’t bother any further, just move on to the next candidate.
Compare different shops by price, location, services and qualifications
Once you’ve got a few shops in mind, filter through them. Don’t settle for the first one you find – there are plenty of options out there and it’s up to you to sort through them all. Get to know each company and learn how they would be a good fit for your needs. Be sure that the businesses you’re considering have experience working with commercial vehicles!
These considerations will help you make a more informed decision:
- Price: Know what you can afford before settling on anything. Shop around – request a basic repair invoice to see if they offer a competitive price.
- Location: Make sure the mobile auto repair mechanics can reach you and that you fall under their service area. If they don’t offer mobile service in your area, how can their expert technicians come to your aid?
- Services: Know what type of work the shops can do and how much it costs! Do they have experience working with commercial vehicles like yours?
- Qualifications: What certifications does the repair shop have, how long have they been in business, how many years of experience do the technicians have working on commercial vehicles?
Be sure to check reviews from previous customers too!
A good place to start is by asking your friends and associates for their recommendations. Ask specific questions like how many times they have relied on a particular automotive repair specialist or how reliable they are in terms of customer satisfaction. If they are a current customer or recently needed quality repairs, see if they felt the services were offered at fair price.
There are other options as well, however:
- Local business associations can also be a helpful resource if you’re looking for a network of reliable and reputable auto repair shops in your area.
- Online reviews are also a good place to start. Good reviews will discuss their experience with the business, how well their vehicle was repaired and long its been since their last visit. Negative reviews can be useful too, but discard any shallow or abusive review you find.
Ed’s 24 Hour Service Provides Quality Repairs
Commercial truck drivers have one of the toughest jobs in America, transporting the cargo that keeps businesses running. Whether moving a specialty client’s valuables, a supermarket’s stock or an amalgam of exports and imports, truck drivers have to keep moving. That’s a lot of stress, not just on the driver, but the vehicle as well.
The bottom line is that truckers rely on their heavy-duty vehicles for a paycheck. You need a mobile heavy duty repair service with even more reliable and skilled technicians in the event of emergency. Ed’s 24 Hour Service operates at all hours of the day, every day of the week to ensure your vehicle always has a mechanic on hand. If you’re looking for roadside service near Ohio’s Hancock County, Ed’s 24 Hour Service can reach from Lima to Sandusky and Bellefontaine to Toledo. If your steel horse has need of quality service, do not hesitate to contact us today!